Over the years I have tried many variations of bacon-wrapped dates, and they are usually delicious. But once I tried the version created by my new friend Nate on a birthday celebration trip to upstate New York, I completely fell in love with this snack.
Nate’s secret was to stuff the dates with feta cheese. The combination of the rich flavor from the feta with the sweet dates and salty bacon is a perfect mouthwatering combination. I made these at a little wine and cheese party and they quickly disappeared.
Bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with feta
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 19g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- • Bacon, cut into smaller pieces, just big enough to wrap a date
- • Feta cheese, cut into thin rectangles
- • Small dried dates, pitted
- • Tooth picks
- 1. Cut a slit along each date and stuff them with feta. Wrap a piece of bacon around each date, and close and secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- 2. Bake in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 25 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- 3. Transfer them onto a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the grease from the bacon. Serve them on a nice serving plate.