I have served these appetizers to friends a few times before dinner, and I can tell you they were a hit. They pair especially well with a little chilled sparkling or white wine.
This is quite an easy recipe that requires no cooking. It looks impressive and is pretty tasty as well. I am sure that my husband could eat a couple dozen of these – no matter how many you make there will never be enough.
- • 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- • A pinch of lemon zest
- • ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- • Pinch of cracked pepper
- • 10 slices of prosciutto
- • 1 handful of arugula
- • 1 mango, cut into small sticks
- • A few mint sprigs
- 1. Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and cracked pepper in a small bowl
- 2. Cut the prosciutto slices in half. Brush each prosciutto piece lightly with the lemon oil mixture, and then place two mango sticks, a little arugula, and two mint leaves onto one end of each prosciutto piece. Roll the prosciutto tightly (but carefully) to create a roll. Tuck the prosciutto end underneath and brush again with lemon oil (this will prevent the prosciutto from drying up and will also make them taste better).
- 3. Lay out each roll side-by-side on a nice serving tray, and serve these hors d’oeuvres with chilled sparkling or white wine.