After a long period of unstable weather and a colder breeze than usual, the summer has finally arrived in Brooklyn! So naturally my mind turns to fun summer parties, white wine sangria, and picnics in the park with our amazing friends.
This little cute mozzarella and cherry tomato stick dish is perfect for those occasions and easy to put together – a good and tasty little hors d’oeuvre to serve. It is as easy to make as it looks. For homemade pesto check out the recipe for arugula pesto and sage and walnut pesto
Mozzarella-picks with pesto dip
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 958
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 109g
Saturated Fat 61g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 35g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- • 16 Cherry tomatoes
- • 16 Fresh basil leaves
- • 16 Small balls of mozzarella
- • 2 oz. Your favorite pesto, homemade or store bought
- • A little dipping bowl
- • Toothpicks
- 1. Take a toothpick and spike it through a cherry tomato, a leaf of basil and a small mozzarella ball. Continue until you have enough or run out of vegetables/cheese.
- 2. Arrange them nicely on a plate with a small bowl of your favorite pesto.