Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- • 3 tablespoons butter
- • 1 large onion, sliced
- • 1/3 pound (175 grams) broccoli
- • 1 lbs (450 grams) zucchini / squash
- • 4 cups (1 liter) of chicken stock (vegetarian option: can be substituted with vegetable stock)
- • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- • 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- • 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- • Salt and pepper
- • Olive oil
- 1. Melt butter in a large stockpot and then add the onions. Sauté about 5 minutes over low to medium-low heat, then turn up the heat slightly and add the broccoli and zucchini. Stir frequently and sauté for another 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken or vegetable stock and bring to boil. Cover with a lid and lower the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 3. Add 1 tablespoon of parsley and puree the soup with a hand held blender until all lumps are gone.
- 4. In a small bowl mix together the beaten eggs, Parmesan, and the remaining parsley. Slowly, a little at a time, stir the mixture into the hot soup. This will make the egg mixture stringy in texture (instead of lumpy) and will also make it look pretty.
- 5. Serve garnished with a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of cracked pepper, and a sprig of parsley.
- *If you want a creamy consistency, you can also add ¼ cup of cream