Nuoc chanh (also known as ‘limeade’) is one of the most popular drinks in Vietnam, and is a refreshing way to cool down in the summer heat. My mom would make this any time when I had a sore throat because of the cleansing of lime.
The following recipe is a festive take on nuoc chanh.
INGREDIENTS 1 SERVINGS:
- ½ tablespoon of organic sugar
- ½ lime
- 2 mint leaves
- Slice of ginger (optional)
- Sparkling water
- Add the sugar and juice from ½ lime, plus the juiced lime peel into a glass.
- Add ice cubes and top with sparkling water.
- Cut a slice of ginger for a little extra zing and add to the glass along with 2 crushed mint leaves. Stir with a long spoon to slowly dissolve the sugar.
- For a festive look you can add a sprig of mint and cut a lime to hang on the side of your glass.