I love red cabbage. It is a beautiful vegetable and using it is a wonderful way to add vibrant color and crispy texture to a variety of dishes. Although cabbage has an undeserved reputation for being boring, this recipe is very tasty. Red cabbage is also a healthy superfood filled with powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. My husband loves this.
- Red cabbage
- Olive oil
- Flaky salt & pepper
I use about half a cabbage for a bowl of oven-roasted cabbage. The cabbage shrinks in the oven so it might look like a lot when you first put it in the oven.
- Preheat the oven on 400 oF.
- Slice the cabbage about ½” thick pieces and put it on an oven sheet.
- Thinly slice two cloves of garlic and add to the cabbage.
- Sprinkle a little olive oil over the cabbage, and turn the cabbage to coat it all.
- Cook in the oven until parts of the cabbage gets crispy.
- Once the cabbage is done, remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pepper.
- Let the cabbage cool off for a bit, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
We ate this for dinner with some tabbouleh, avocado salad, tzatziki and garlic/basil bread. I will post these recipes in the future.
You can also add a bit of shredded parmesan cheese to top it off.