Sometimes you just need a little bacon. I try to stay healthy by eating a lot of vegetables and very little meat during the week, but on some rare occasions I can’t resist. Frying bacon can be a messy process, leaving grease splattered everywhere and your clothes smelling like a fast food restaurant.
A simple trick to avoid that is by preparing bacon in the oven, where the bacon turns out perfectly shaped and crispy instead of shrunken and uneven.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Arrange the bacon slices on the foil andplace thebaking sheet in the center of a cold oven.
- Turn the oven up to 400 oF and let the oven do all the work for you.
- Keep an eye on the bacon and turn it once to get both sides evenly crispy.
- Once the bacon is brown and crispy transfer the bacon to another baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
- Eat and enjoy!