During a recent stay at a vacation house with a group of friends, we put our culinary skills together and hosted an over-the-top potluck style feast. I came home with some great leftover salmon and new inspiration from my friends’ cooking.
I really hate to waste food, so I try and incorporate my leftovers into new dishes whenever I can. I made this recipe with the salmon and a few other things I found in my fridge. The dish turned out great so I had to share it on my blog.
- • 1/2 cup red quinoa
- • 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- • 7 oz. (200 grams) cooked salmon (leftover), torn into smaller pieces
- • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • Fresh cracked pepper
- • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- • 2 eggs
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- 1. Cook the quinoa as directed on package and let it cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix all the above ingredients except for olive oil.
- 3. Shape them into small patties and make sure to squeeze them tightly to prevent them from falling apart during cooking.
- 4. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium high heat and add the patties. Sauté until browned on each side.
- 5. Serve with simple arugula salad and a few slices of avocado.