This delicious flatbread dish is an aesthetic and different brunch option. It successfully combines a diverse range of flavors including spicy, salty, bitter and sweet.
FLATBREAD INGREDIENTS (Makes two 12 inch/30cm):
- 2 large grilled flatbreads (see my homemade recipe posted here)
- A few drops of olive oil
- A big handful of arugula salad
- 1-2 oz. of calabrese salami (spicy), thinly sliced
- 10 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 spoonful of chopped chives
- 1/3 red pepper, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 2 eggs, fried sunny side up (or as preferred)
- Salt and pepper to taste
HARISSA SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (or plain)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons harissa sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Start out by making the two flatbreads (see my recipe posted here). For the homemade dough it will take a minimum of about 4 hours for preparation and rising, but you can make it in advance and store it up to 3 days before using or you can buy fresh store-bought pizza dough.
- Make the harissa sauce by whisking all the ingredients together and season with sea salt. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Prepare all the topping except for the eggs.
- Fry the eggs sunny side up or as you prefer.
- Spread a thin layer of harissa sauce on each flatbread and add your toppings including one fried egg. Less is more; the toppings are nice touches to the flatbread so don’t overkill your dish. Serve and enjoy.