There is nothing better than to wake up to a beautiful sunny morning, and the best way to start my day is with a smoothie. My mum drinks two big smoothies everyday, one for breakfast and one for dessert, and she has great hair and skin for age 60. I hope that I will stay as healthy and young looking as she has.
My friend Tina B. inspired me to buy the Magic Bullet a few years ago. Despite what it may sound like (!), it’s actually a mini-blender.
It is a smart tool that can be used for making several different smoothies (or other foods) at almost the same time, such as when my husband and I don’t want to use the same ingredients. It is very compact which is great for my little storage space, and is very easy to clean. (I hate cleaning big appliances).
- 5-6 frozen strawberries
- 8-10 frozen blackberries
- ¼ cup of blueberries
- ½ banana
- 3-4 tablespoons of plain organic yogurt
- 10 raw almonds
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- 1-2 tablespoons of Grapenuts (cereal)
- Give the frozen berries a little spin in the microwave. Slightly thawing the fruit is better for the blender blades and it keeps the smoothie drinkable rather that edible – Mamma’s advice).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend it in your blender. Drink and enjoy!
- Make sure to check your teeth before you leave for work. As attractive as your hair and skin might be after a smoothie, the blueberries between your teeth may be the only attention you get!